Getting your house ready to sell can feel like an overwhelming task. That’s why Tim Dunham Realty offers professional stagers to help you through the process. Contact us today to learn more. In the meantime, here are some tips to get you started...
- Clean, clean, clean* - a house can never be too clean for showing to prospective buyers.
- Open drapes and shades and turn on all lights.
- Pets should be invisible.
The Living Room
- Artwork should not be hanging too high and should be grouped (this can be tricky - ask your stager)
- Furniture should be re-arranged to maximize the room’s best features, improve flow and minimize problem areas
- Counter should be cleared and cleaned except acceptable decor- no small appliances visible (there are a few exceptions)
- Sink needs to be scoured and polished - no sponges, etc.
- Remove all magnets, artwork and notepads from refrigerator - sorry, cute kids' art needs to go:(
- Hang fresh new towels (preferably white)
- Personal items should be put away (most of them - your stager can help with this)
- Bathrooms should be made to appear as large as possible (limit bath rugs)
- Beds should be neatly made and inviting with clean linens and lots of pillows!
- Closets should not be stuffed; tidy, box up and remove clutter.
- Dressers and desk areas need to be cleared and clean - decorate in three's!
- Furniture should be re-arranged to maximize the room’s best features and minimize problem areas
Appeal to all the Senses! What potential buyers see is important but what they smell can also be a decision factor. Animals, dirty laundry, moldiness, garbage, etc. can have a negative impact on the buyer’s “feelings” about your house.
As you can see, one of the key components of staging is clean, clean, clean. However, that is only one piece of the staging puzzle.
The Art of Staging
Cleaning and decluttering are critical but equally important is creating a warm, neutral, inviting space. Creating this environment is the art of staging. It takes a talented decorating professional to transform a space quickly and cost effectively.
Often times too much emphasis is put on cleaning when you are preparing your house for the market. There is so much to do but cleaning IS NOT the first step. Tim Dunham Realty's professional stagers will help you prioritize what exactly needs to be done so the process is much more manageable and much LESS stressful. Contact us today to learn more about our marketing and professional staging services - we will simplify the process of selling your home!